WTN: 2005 St. Hubertus Gamay Rose

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: 2005 St. Hubertus Gamay Rose

Postby Jenise » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:32 pm

2005 St. Hubertus Gamay Rose
Kelowna, British Columbia

Medium golden rose color. Complex flavors of strawberry, cranberries, spice, a touch of passion fruit and cream. Alcohol's nicely in check at 12.0% but the residual sugar's a little high for my personal tastes.

Oh, and remember the horrible fire that ravaged the Okanagan Valley about four-five years ago? Well, this is the one winery that was lost in the fire; they've since rebuilt.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Re: WTN: 2005 St. Hubertus Gamay Rose

Postby David M. Bueker » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:31 pm

Jenise wrote:
Oh, and remember the horrible fire that ravaged the Okanagan Valley about four-five years ago? Well, this is the one winery that was lost in the fire; they've since rebuilt.

Hooray!!! Laura and I visited St. Hubertus in 2002. We bought several bottles and were heartbroken when they were hit by the fire. I'm so glad they got back on their feet!

There's a Swiss/Italian restaurant (Ticino) in Banff that used to serve St. Hubertus Chasselas. We would buy it to have with our fondue. I hope we can get it again when we go back this fall.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Return to Wine Focus