WTN: `03 Julienas--Duboeuf (Flower label).

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: `03 Julienas--Duboeuf (Flower label).

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:59 am

I have always thought this cru underrated and this is an excellent vintage! Clay soil, the vineyards lie on high ground north and west of Chenas. Past notes of mine indicate firm structure and quite full-bodied, I also wrote "cellar for min. 2 years".

12.5%, synthetic cork. Slightly chilled and opened for an hour.

Colour. Dull cherry tones, thin watery rim.Some depth in centre but not by much. Nice clinging legs, Jenise!!

Nose. I served this in a fish bowl. Nice fragrance with cherries and strawberry. No banana this time and does not appear confected!

Palate. The initial entry is raspberry, plum and hint of tannin on uppergums. Just about the right temp I`d say. Nice and fresh, very good structure here for a Bollyjolly. Fruity with ripe cherry and strawberry, hint of chocolate too. Clove and blackberry after 2 hrs. Initially I thought the finish was a tad short but it does lenghten in time, especially after 24 hrs.
Pretty good.

Cost was $16.00 Cdn.
Food was Roasted chicken breast with spice rub, sauteed pots, glazed turnips.
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Re: WTN: `03 Julienas--Duboeuf (Flower label).

Postby JC (NC) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Nice notes Doris. I will be opening a Fleurie later this week.
JC (NC)
Lifelong Learner

Return to Wine Focus