WTN: 2008 Marques de Caceres Rioja dry white wine

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: 2008 Marques de Caceres Rioja dry white wine

Postby JC (NC) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:41 pm

Can be located for under $10.
Screwcap. 12% alcohol by volume
100% Viura grapes (not an offbeat wine but one that I have only had a few times)
Definitely on the crisp-o-meter with citrus-like acids. Lemony flavor. Pleasant but unremarkable. I prefered the Heredad de Baroja Cautivo Rioja Bianca that I was drinking last summer and that I got on sale for $7.99.
JC (NC)
Lifelong Learner

Re: WTN: 2008 Marques de Caceres Rioja dry white wine

Postby Bob Henrick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:31 pm

JC (NC) wrote:Can be located for under $10.
Screwcap. 12% alcohol by volume
100% Viura grapes (not an offbeat wine but one that I have only had a few times)
Definitely on the crisp-o-meter with citrus-like acids. Lemony flavor. Pleasant but unremarkable. I prefered the Heredad de Baroja Cautivo Rioja Bianca that I was drinking last summer and that I got on sale for $7.99.

JC, I can get the Caceres and the Riscal vino blanco locally for $6.99 per, and at that price they are decent for an "on the deck in the shade of a big umbrella" wine. Actually some cold peel and eat shrimp goes well with them too!
Bob Henrick
Bob Henrick
Kamado Kommander

Return to Wine Focus