WTN: Brouilly 06 from Vissoux

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: Brouilly 06 from Vissoux

Postby Tim York » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:29 am

Brouilly 2006 - Pierre-Marie Chermette, Le Vissoux - Alc.13% - €12,20.

I cannot comment whether this fits the bill as a cooling red because summer has retreated here after a short but violent storm in which three large trees fell over within 150 metres of our house :shock: . We now have March type weather of stiff cool breezes, scudding clouds and scattered showers. However for these conditions and the risotto, the wine served at 16°C (approx. 61°F) was perfect.

C: Quite deep.
N: Subdued but with attractive red and dark fruit and minerals.
P: Exuberant, quite full bodied and round, full of minerals and fruit with prune notes, quite lively acidity and some structure and grip. The caviste told me that the Vissoux plot is close to Morgon giving some of that appellation's firmness and ageing aptitude. Indeed there was some firmness (perhaps too much for an ideal summer wine) but also deliciously expressive fruit. Lately, while Germaine has been imbibing cautiously due to medication, bottles have only been two-thirds consumed but I finished this one; 16/20++.
Tim York
Tim York
Wine guru

Return to Wine Focus