My Favorite QPRs Of The Previous Year

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

My Favorite QPRs Of The Previous Year

Postby ChaimShraga » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:56 pm

I was thinking of writing something of this nature for my blog but I can't seem to wrap my thoughts around anything other than a tasting note. But it's easier to write about in the context of a forum.

First off, I'll second Florida Jim: Villaine, Villaine, Villaine! Their Les Clous is an amazing value and I think the nose would give a lot of premier crus a good fight.

I've been getting into Savennieres lately and compared to a lot of other whites available in Israel, Closel's mid range stuff and just about anything by Baumard take my vote.

But I think my notions of good QPR have been warped. I'm looking for good QPR at the 20-30 USD range.
Positive Discrimination For White Wines!
http://2GrandCru.blogspot.com
ChaimShraga
Wine guru

Re: My Favorite QPRs Of The Previous Year

Postby Rahsaan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 pm

ChaimShraga wrote:But I think my notions of good QPR have been warped. I'm looking for good QPR at the 20-30 USD range.

Nothing warped about that. To my mind, QPR is all about how much pleasure the wine delivers relative to the cost. Who among us doesn't seek out QPR at all levels of purchasing.
Rahsaan
Wild and Crazy Guy

Re: My Favorite QPRs Of The Previous Year

Postby ChaimShraga » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:19 pm

The best value Bordeaux red available locally about a year ago: l'Arrivet Hait Brion 1998 for about 45 USD.
Positive Discrimination For White Wines!
http://2GrandCru.blogspot.com
ChaimShraga
Wine guru

Return to Wine Focus