Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Napa River Grill to Westport Village?

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:14 am

I can't find many details since I don't subscribe to the Business First print edition, but an E-mail notice just in contains tantalizing hints of this story. Westport Village is the former Camelot center (also home of Jade Palace) at Westport Road and Herr/Lyndon Lanes.

<b>Creating a village: Signing Napa River Grill a turning point for Westport Village, Underhills say</b>

Until this week, Colin Underhill says, getting retailers and other potential tenants to understand the vision -- or the potential -- of his family's $40 million Westport Village development had been an uphill effort.

<b>Westport Village holds great appeal for Napa River Grill owners</b>

First and foremost, J.D. Rothberg said, Napa River Grill is not closing at Dupont Circle in St. Matthews -- not until next year, anyway.
no avatar
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Other Restaurants too

by Doug W » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:27 am

The article goes on to say that the following restaurants / establishments will be at Westport Village:

Indigo Joes Sports Bar and Pub (out of Encinito CA)

R.J. Gators Florida Sea Grill and Bar (out of Jupiter FL)

La Vida Java Coffee Co (local??)

They are also reportedly speaking with a specialty grocery and other restaurant concepts.

Sounds good to me!

Cheers,

Doug.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Other Restaurants too

by TP Lowe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:59 am

Doug W wrote:They are also reportedly speaking with a specialty grocery and other restaurant concepts.

Trader Joe's is my bet!
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:11 am

Underhill is a smart dude. That has been a longtime under-utilized commercial and retail space in a great location.
no avatar
User

John Lisherness

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:25 pm

The Highlands

by John Lisherness » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:34 am

TP Lowe wrote:Trader Joe's is my bet!

Don't set me up with false hope!
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:01 am

John Lisherness wrote:

I admit to having heard speculation about it elsewhere. But, it's consistent with comments the Mayor recently made about having spoken to representatives of TJ's and anticipating the possibility of "multiple locations" within the city.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Westport Village

by Bill Veneman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:21 am

I am very happy to hear that this interest is there. I remember when Camelot opened with JJ Newbury's, Radio Shack, Camelot Bakery and Winn Dixie and it was thought at the time that it was the end all beat all. (Granted, I was knee high to my Mother at that point in time). What Underhill has done to that center is remarkable (if you haven't gone by to see the change, do so).

I do wish that, however, it would draw more of a general grocery store, rather than a "Specialty" one.....there seems to be a bit of a glut of specialty type stores (Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Dolls, Pauls, etc.) in a realitively short driving area, however, there is not a general store close for the the residents in the immediate area. Just my opinion.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Westport Village

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:35 am

Bill Veneman wrote:I do wish that, however, it would draw more of a general grocery store, rather than a "Specialty" one.....there seems to be a bit of a glut of specialty type stores (Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Dolls, Pauls, etc.) in a realitively short driving area, however, there is not a general store close for the the residents in the immediate area. Just my opinion.

Mmm ... how far is it from Herr Lane to the Westport Road Kroger?

I'd also count Doll's as a full-service grocery, although a very good one.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:54 am

Robin Garr wrote:Mmm ... how far is it from Herr Lane to the Westport Road Kroger?

I was thinking about the folks who have the cotteges over by the nursing center, and those who are able to walk over from the various areas. Like I said, just my opinion.

Also, my Mother, living in Lyndon, would love to see something go in that isn't so "MMMMCHA" that she could do her weekly rounds there. She hates the large Mega Krogers (will go to Plainview over Westport Road and Middletown).
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Bill Veneman wrote:I do wish that, however, it would draw more of a general grocery store, rather than a "Specialty" one.....there seems to be a bit of a glut of specialty type stores (Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Dolls, Pauls, etc.) in a realitively short driving area, however, there is not a general store close for the the residents in the immediate area. Just my opinion.

Mmm ... how far is it from Herr Lane to the Westport Road Kroger?

It's about five miles or so - not too far (the old Westport Kroger closed when the new one opened at N. Hurstbourne and Westport).
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

by amy lyons » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:58 pm

TP Lowe wrote:
John Lisherness wrote:

I admit to having heard speculation about it elsewhere. But, it's consistent with comments the Mayor recently made about having spoken to representatives of TJ's and anticipating the possibility of "multiple locations" within the city.

When did the Mayor make these comments about TJ's.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:34 pm

amy lyons wrote:
TP Lowe wrote:
John Lisherness wrote:

When did the Mayor make these comments about TJ's.

In Business First about a month ago. It was when he made the trip recruiting retailers for Louisville. I started a thread over in the "About Louisville" forum but I don't think many folks from this side saw it.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Kroger

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:04 pm

The closest Kroger to there is Holiday Manor - just drive down Herr Lane and you're there . . . much closer than Westport Kroger, especially with the construction on Westport Rd. for the next year or so.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Jarrett H

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:02 am

by Jarrett H » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:18 pm

While it may have previously been posted, here is the Westport Village website.

[/url]http://www.westportvillage.com/
no avatar
User

Jarrett H

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:02 am

by Jarrett H » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:19 pm

While it may have previously been posted, here is the Westport Village website.
http://www.westportvillage.com/
Next