Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Primo’s chef leaving

no avatar
User

Shaun Muncy

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:42 pm

Primo’s chef leaving

by Shaun Muncy » Fri May 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Very sad to report that the chef from primo Michael Hargrove will be leaving there soon just wanted to jump on here and wish him the best of luck…… you will be missed man
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Primo’s chef leaving

by David Clancy » Sat May 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Any idea where he's going? Also, who is filling those shoes??
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Shaun Muncy

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:42 pm

by Shaun Muncy » Sun May 18, 2008 8:35 pm

I do not know were he is going to land as of yet or no word of who is going to take over the stove when he is goen. I do know that he is talking to a lot of people...... who ever trys to fill that pair of clogs better have big feet because he has set the bar pertty high i think.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun May 18, 2008 8:46 pm

agreed. I've had some really amazing meals there.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Mon May 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Shaun Muncy wrote:I do not know were he is going to land as of yet or no word of who is going to take over the stove when he is goen. I do know that he is talking to a lot of people...... who ever trys to fill that pair of clogs better have big feet because he has set the bar pertty high i think.

...I ran into Michael on Saturday and chatted him up about it.

His reasons for leaving seem completely justified and understandable, and which i will not air in public - that's his perogative whether he chooses to or not.

I will say that i think nothing but highly of him: his quality of work and continued drive and zeal for excellence; as well as his optimism to looking towards the future.

I wish him the best of luck in any future endevours.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Tue May 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Well spoken, Ethan. Michael is one of the best chefs I've had the privilege to work with, and is definitely the hardest working and most passionate. Any restaurant would be incredibly lucky to have him on their staff. I just hope someone can give him a worthy position.

If anyone sees this and is interested in hiring him, please feel free to contact me for a reference.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue May 20, 2008 6:02 pm

I didn't realize that there was a controversy about his leaving or that his motives for doing so were being questioned? :? I am sure that the Chef and the restaurant will both land on their feet after this change. It's a rather commmon occurrence in the 'biz.