Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche (lower prices)

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Re: Seviche (lower prices)

by Kim H » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:18 pm

We are so there, Sunday and other days! Thank you for your exceptional class and the incredible response you offer your guests, Anthony. Truly phenomenal, and it shows in everything you do, especially your food!
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Anthony -
Thanks for giving me a reason to try something OTHER than the 3-seviche sampler every time I come in! We'll definitely take a few Sundays off from the kitchen and come enjoy your fantastic food!
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 am

I'll be managing on Sundays at Goose Creek for the forseeable future so please introduce yourselves when you come in.
It's always nice to have a real face to put to the names on the forum.
See you all starting March 9th.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:43 pm

We have one more reason to visit! We play late church on Sunday and will definitely be regulars!
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Thank you all! After recieving several calls and e-mails, I've decided to open at 4pm instead of 5pm. We will open this Sunday the 9th. I will offer our full menu aswell as the specials. Once I get both restaurants going and the patio finished, I'm thinking about doing a Puerto Rican style pig roast too. This will include some fun sides like mofongo, a Puerto Rican dish of mashed plantains with onion and smoked bacon, that can be topped with some of the suckling pig, or skirt steak, shrimp, lobster, etc. Also, asapao a rice dish with sofrito, and many different proteins. Once again, thank you all very much for your continued support. I just got done roasting my suckling pig, so I can run this week starting tomorrow, to see how it goes over. It will be at the Goose Creek location. The pork bellies came out incredible! I will offer some free samples, so just ask your server.

Buen provecho y muchas gracias!
Last edited by Anthony Lamas on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Linda B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Louisville, KY

by Linda B » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:50 pm

Please let us know when you are having your pig roast. We'd love to take part in this event!!
Linda Kunz Bayens
Owner of Cooking at the Cottage (502) 893-6700 &
Full time Realtor for Re/Max Associates since 1982 (502) 452-2527
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:01 pm

Well, I don't do pigs but we just couldn't stand it anymore and went for dinner last night. Nobody does mussels like Seviche! DogGONE they made my nose run but they were awesome. That broth is something you dream about. I was craving that chimi and DH had the ahi of the day. Has Mr Lamas ever shared his mussels recipe? Pretty please? We had great service as well...
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:37 am

Had dinner at Goose Creek Sat. night. My wife is stuck on the skirt steak....not a bad thing to be stuck on I suppose. I had the filet....they served it with the sides for the special...ie. grits. I'm a sucker for grits anytime anywhere....they were good. Cadillac 'ritas were perfect. All in all the best meal we've had at Seviche. Keep 'em coming.

:D
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:11 pm

John and I had dinner at Seviche in the Highlands early yesterday evening, and it was perfect from beginning to end, as usual. We did not run into Anthony, but were well taken care of regardless (I believe his sous-chef Eric was manning the controls in the kitchen).

I called about a half an hour in advance and made a reservation with Madi D. and there was no wait after we walked down there - got a great table in the window, too. Michael was our server and provided gold-standard service. We started with a Caipirinha (me) and an Ommegang Witte (him). We had already made up our mind to order the beef seviche appetizer again (especially since seviches are half-price on Sundays, excluding specials). Last time we asked for and received a mixed plate of empanadas, but this time we just went ahead and ordered the wild mush/goat cheese ones, since they were our absolute favorite.

But before either of the apps got there, Michael appeared (saying "somebody in the kitchen loves you!") from behind the kitchen door with a little bocadito for each of us - a perfectly grilled shrimp over a salsify puree. Great little bite. I dunno if they particularly love me or just sent it out because Madi let them know it was my birthday weekend. Either way, I'll take it! And it was very sweet of them to do.

I adore that beef seviche - it's just a simple beef tenderloin, almost completely rare, and served with the freshest pico de gallo you can get, gosh, anywhere. It's a perfect marriage of red and yellow tomatoes (GOOD tomatoes, too - not bland refrigerated hothouse tomatoes), onions, cilantro, chiles and lime juice. We ate every morsel, each tiny tomato cube. Empanadas were eye-rollingly good, just as before.

I ordered the Churrascos (skirt steak with chimichurri and mashed potatoes). I cannot seem to order anything else besides the Churrascos. I've tried, but just as my brain is saying "tilapia" or whatever, my mouth is saying "Churrascos". My mouth apparently has a mind of its own. John had Filete al Poblano, blood rare (black angus tenderloin with Pt. Reyes Bleu Cheese and roasted poblano demi-glace). Both entrees were perfectly cooked and beautifully plated. While we were waiting, I spied a seared duck breast special at the next table that looked incredible, and was a bit wistful that I hadn't ordered that, but... the mouth-mind had spoken, and it wanted Churrascos.

I abandoned the Caipirinha and asked Michael to ask the bartender to make me something with pomegranate juice and red grapefruit juice, "just ask him to surprise me" (a favorite hobby of mine wherever there's a well-stocked bar and a good bartender). The bartender, Chris, sent back a gorgeous pink drink in an up-glass, garnished with an orange wedge. One sip was enough to send me over to the bar to ask him what was in it. He said he'd used red grapefruit and pomegranate juices, Absolut Ruby Red....and sloe gin! It was the girly pink birthday drink of the year! I said "Chris, what are we gonna call this?" and he said we should think about it, but by the time I got back to the table, John had already dubbed it the "Pink Grenade", which was perfect. So, cool - a new drink is born!

Love, love, love Seviche. Madi, Anthony, Eric, Michael, Chris and everyone else at the Highlands store, thanks again for another perfect meal. Under $100, too, including alcohol- thanks to the special Sunday pricing!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Thanks for the recent review, Marsha!! Seviche is my ABSOLUTE favorite restaurant, and thankfully my kids love it, too! We have reservations for this coming Sunday to celebrate my daughter's fifth birthday... her choice. My kids also love the churrascos, and my oldest daughter is a certified chimichurri-aholic!! We had such a memorable birthday dinner there with my oldest daughter last year that the little one wants to go in lieu of a party this year. Anthony always makes us feel like family... a genuine hospitality which can't be fabricated!! I'm really anticipating another great meal now!!! :D
no avatar
User

Andrea E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:15 pm

La Grange, KY

by Andrea E » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:11 am

Marsha, we were dining at the same time and I missed you! I'm sure I would have recognized you had I seen you. We too had an amazing meal last night, from our first-round mojitos to the cheese plate that rounded out the evening. The seafood stew was insanely good - I think we were about to ask for straws to sip up the broth. We must have gone through an entire baguette and kept asking them to leave the dish whenever the busser tried to remove it. Great restaurant, great value for what you get (especially on Sundays).
Q&A Sweet Treats Bakery & Dessert Cafe
211 South First Street
La Grange, KY 40031
502-265-0550
www.qasweettreats.com
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:16 pm

Well, another FABULOUS evening at Seviche! It almost seems silly, even to me, to write another "Seviche love letter" (as my husband calls them)... but, honestly, I don't think there is a more gracious and talented chef in Louisville than Anthony Lamas!!

So I'll keep it short and sweet! My youngest daughter chose to celebrate her fifth birthday at Seviche and declared "I LOVE HIM!!!", referring to Chef Anthony, after she polished off her churrascos and began to attack a specially made birthday cake.

I could go on and on raving about the food, but if you've been to Seviche before, you already know how good it is. And if you haven't been yet... get there ASAP because you are certainly in for a culinary treat!

Thanks again for a memorable evening at the city's finest table.
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:48 am

I heard a rumor that the bocaditos menu is gone. Can someone confirm or dispel that for me?
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:46 am

The bocaditos are gone, but we still have half priced wines and half priced seviches on Sundays along with $2 margaritas and $5 Mojitos.
no avatar
User

Scott Endres

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Crescent Hill

by Scott Endres » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:05 am

GaryF wrote:The bocaditos are gone, but we still have half priced wines and half priced seviches on Sundays along with $2 margaritas and $5 Mojitos.

Is this for both locations, and if so, what are the hours for each restaurant on Sunday? Thanks!
Have a Good Day!
Scott

Teaching Is Too Important to Take Seriously!
http://www.paperwadideas.com
PreviousNext