Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche (lower prices)

no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Seviche (lower prices)

by Anthony Lamas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:10 am

So! After going over my menu tonight and taking in the good, the bad, and the ugly, I thought of something. With permision to post this from the Boss, of course! Starting NOW there have been some price adjustments. My menu is currently priced from 7-11 for apps. and 10-15 for seviches and 13-32 for entrees. I will no longer have entrees above the 29$ mark and my drink and wine list will be adjusted aswell. Starting March 9th we will be open on Sundays again from 5-10 with a special menu featuring entrees under $20. All seviches will be 1/2 off, bottles of wine will be 1/2 off, we will have $2. margaritas, $5. mojitos, and $3. drafts. Also we will have a "Bocaditos" (little mouths) menu whitch will feature little bites ranging from $2-5 for things like seviche spoons, shrimp, duck, organic chicken, and chicken liver anticuchos ( Peruvian style skewers) mini cheese plates, like serrano ham wrapped manchego, truffle goat cheese with sun dried tomato, KY. gouda with roasted butternut squash. Also, chorizo- Kobe beef albondigas ( meatballs) with sofrito, and an assortment of about a dozen mini empanadas. I think this could be a really fun way to experience Seviche and not break the bank. The regular menu will have about 1/2 a dozen new items too.

As always, buen provecho y muchas gracias!

Anthony Lamas
no avatar
User

Brian Jennings

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:32 am

Bowling Green

Re: Seviche (lower prices)

by Brian Jennings » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:10 am

Anthony,
I've been reading this board for a while now, and from what I've read you have no 'haters'. I've always been impressed with your responses to both the positive and negative comments about your restaurants. Based alone on this I have made recommendations to friends visiting Louisville to visit Seviche. Chef's and any business owners could learn a thing or two to from your responses. Your willingness to refine the pricing structure, and give some good explanations regarding current pricing helps not only to inform the dining public, but also exemplifies your business acumen. No restaurant is perfect, but how a chef, or owner responds and works to make things better is a prime example of what it takes to be successful. Furthermore, opening a new restaurant presents huge challenges. I can only imagine the time it took to develop a trained, and loyal staff for your first location let alone your second. Keep up the good work, your patience, and or sometimes necessary lack of it will I'm sure continue to propel you forward.
"To invite any one, implies that we charge ourselves with his happiness all the time that he is under our roof" Brillat-Savarin
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:16 am

Anthony...

These gives me a million more reasons to come in on Sundays when i'm off!

Both locations?

It's been too long (since the soft opening on Goose Creek),
i've seen so much of your crew (FOH and BOH) these days... but i miss rubbing shoulders with you, man.

I'm well overdue for some hamachi tiradito and chino-latino atún.

A Cadillac to wash it down wouldn't hurt too bad either...

continued best wishes from the rest of us en "mi familia" (you know what i mean, bro.)

we're all in this together. :wink:
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

by Jessica H » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:01 am

Wow! This is very exciting! I am anxiously awaiting March 9th.

And thank you for doing this on Sundays when I have off.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:16 am

!!! Great news!!!
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:18 am

You rock.
no avatar
User

Kevin Graves

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Louisville, KY

by Kevin Graves » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Awesome news. Makes my day.
Kevin J. Graves
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:01 pm

Anthony, I'm WAY impressed.

My friend, I can hardly wait to come in and try the new Sunday doings. That sounds fun!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

BDKollker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Outside the Box Nashvegas

by BDKollker » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:22 pm

Anthony,

Very, very impressive response to the happenings in the food world. I would have to say that you are probably one of the only restaurants actually lowering prices during these times. I commend you for this. Now the next problem I see you having is people being upset when you become a chain because of all the success and need for more seats! I don't know if that would actually constitute a problem for you though!

Prost!
Blake Kollker

Blakekollker.com
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Wow. I mean, wow!

I'm thinking that if we opened the dictionary to 'proactive' there would be a picture of Anthony smiling back at us.

This is all great news indeed.
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm

I am really craving the Guacamole. RIGHT NOW!
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:33 pm

Kudos to you Anthony! I've never had the pleasure of dining at either of your restaurants (my wife says the Bardstown Rd. location is awesome), but your responsiveness and desire to keep your customers happy makes me want to give it a try even more. Mark my words, I will check out Seviche in the next few weeks...partially b/c every review / comment I've heard is near glowing and the fact that Anthony seems like a great guy, running a great place in a great way!

DD
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Somebody pinch me.... am I dreaming?

Anthony, you can TOTALLY expect mine and John's support in this venture. We can't wait!!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Richard Rush

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

by Richard Rush » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Make room on the bandwagon while I jump on and praise your decision.
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:56 pm

You've definitely got our support (not that you didn't already have it)! Can't wait for our next visit. (Did somebody say 1/2 price seviches!!!) :D
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
Next