Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Dining for Dan: A benefit for the Danny Boyle memorial fund

by Marsha L. » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 pm

I wish Dan's family the best; unfortunately, it's a little pricey for me, but at the same time I'm not saying the pricing is unfair. It seems like a phenomenal deal to me. Everyone who's going, have fun, and thank you.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Dean Corbett

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm

by Dean Corbett » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Hey Gang, we need all foodies to rally around this event...we have only 40 guests thus far, did I mention a case of Chateau Mouton...please help support this worthy event, great meal and great fun...Thank You! call 327-5058 for this Sunday resv.
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

by David Lange » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:03 am

Great post Deano!! We really need the forumites to rally around this event. Maybe Roger will send over some holdovers from the Gravity Head event at his place this weekend. As I challenged earlier, if you have posted over 50 items on this forum, then you really need to support Dan's family and attend this event. I admit it's pricey, but look at what you get and look at who you're helping at the same time.
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
no avatar
User

BDKollker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Outside the Box Nashvegas

by BDKollker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 am

I just saw the menu and cannot believe it! All of the Chef's involved are sparing NO expense for this event. I am going to be there helping out Chef's Todd and Duane and cannot wait to see the expression on the faces of the diners after they see what is being prepared for them. If there is only one big meal that you can buy for yourselves this year, THIS IS IT!!!!!! The best Chef's of Louisville together for one night, doing what they do best, for 10 courses.

Prost!
Blake Kollker

Blakekollker.com
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:32 am

BDKollker wrote:I just saw the menu and cannot believe it!

It is indeed awesome! I'll post it separately.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Final Menu: Dining for Dan

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:34 am

This is truly an amazing dinner ... as has been posted elsewhere, if you indulge in just one culinary blowout this year, it ought to be this one ... I'm not sure there has ever been such a collection of top chefs gathering to collaborate on one fine dinner in Louisville, and remember that proceeds to to a very good cause.

1st course: Chef Lamas; Peruvian style striped bass seviche with Aji Amarillo, Leche de tigre and camote

2nd course: Chef Crouch; Pan Seared diver scallop with smoked bacon truffled shrimp sauce, butter poached lobster claw atop chili corn hash

3rd course: Chef Richards; Mason Dixon line cornbread muffin, crawfish and Andouille Madeleine, Pot Liquor Pipette and hock mush, Buttermilk bacon Brittle

4th Course: Chef Anoosh; Ancho roasted sweet potato w/ baby spinach, pine nuts, apple cider vinaigrette

5th course: Chef Castro; Chili Sorghum

6th Course: chef Allan; Sopos with roasted pork shoulder, guajillo chili sauce and fresh Mexican cheese

7th Course: Chef Jay; Chocolate chili bison short rib, grit cake, Kentucky grass-fed beef strip loin, oyster mushroom, sweetbread and Madeira sauce

8th course: Spanish goat cheese flan, Membrillo and Tetilla cheese mini-empanadas, guava paste and Manchego-filled mini sandwich, Asturiano blue cheese and fig ice cream

9th Course: Chef Chris and Chef Nick (Corbett's); Mignardises
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:22 pm

Thanks to those who PM'd me. I had plans to make the call to Corbett's a day ago, but had a little unplanned side trip to the ER! How inconvenient! Wasn't sure there were tickets left, but see from Dean's post that there are. Provided the doctor gives me the "all clear" tomorrow, I will call and get my tickets, and I'll PM back!

Thanks!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:32 pm

This memorable event remains ON for Sunday night, and organizers say it will happen Sunday night regardless of the weather. Seats are filling up now, but it's still short of a sellout at this point, so look for your snow boots and call (502) 327-5058 for reservations if you haven't done so already.

Now, if you'll look just below the Louisville Restaurants Forum on the Board Index page, you will see a new forum that we've set up just for this event: Dining for Dan: Online Auction!.

Here's what this is about: If you can't attend "Dining for Dan" in person, you can still bid online in the fund-raising silent auction. This auction, being held for the benefit of the family that Food & Dining Vice President Dan Boyle left behind when he died suddenly last autumn, will offer an amazing collection of food, drink and luxury items, ranging from fine wines to chef's table dinners, trips and much more.

Here's how the section will work:

* The separate forum has been created specifically to house auction offerings and bids.

* Each item in the auction will be listed in that forum as a separate post.

* The complete auction posting should be available late Saturday afternoon (March 8).

* Items are open for bid as soon as they are posted.

* The online phase of the auction will close on all items at 7 p.m. Sunday. Any bids posts with time stamps later than 7 p.m. will not count, and exceptions cannot be made to this rule.

* After the online auction is closed, the highest online bids will be entered on the sheet at Corbett's 15 minutes before the auction closes for those attending the event. (Organizers have concluded that fairness dictates affording a last chance for bids to those who paid to attend the full event.

* After the auction closes at the event later Saturday evening, organizers will post under each item whether the top online bid was successful or if it was outbid at the event.

* Obviously, online bidding is open only to registered members of the Louisville Restaurants Forum. Bidding is on the honor system: If your bid is the winner, you are under a commitment to fulfill the pledge by completing the transaction. Successful bidders will be contacted by Email at their forum address of record to arrange purchase and delivery.

Good luck, and watch the Auction Forum for the bidding items on Saturday!
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:44 pm

So do we post our own items in the separate forum for auction?
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:58 pm

David R. Pierce wrote:So do we post our own items in the separate forum for auction?

No, the auction organizers will post the official list. I assume that by now any items you've donated have already been picked up and added to the list.
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:09 am

I'd like to donate an auction item that doesn't require any pick-up. How would I do that?
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:35 am

David R. Pierce wrote:I'd like to donate an auction item that doesn't require any pick-up. How would I do that?

Let me know, and I'll pass it on to the organizers. Hit me with an email to rgarr@louisvillehotbytes.com
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:24 am

You've got mail!
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Silent auction items are now online!

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:23 am

Okay, you'll find them in the Online Auction forum below:
viewforum.php?f=11

Feel free to post bids on any of them that suit your fancy. Eventual winners will be contacted at your registration Email.

Great premiums ... a great cause!

(A few more premiums may still be added ... I just posted the list I received overnight, but I'm aware of a few contributions that don't appear to be on it.)
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:38 pm

Robin Garr wrote:This memorable event remains ON for Sunday night, and organizers say it will happen Sunday night regardless of the weather....

No problem on the roads this morning, even getting out of the alley behind the house, which is usually the problem. Karen and I will look forward to seeing other forumites tonight.
PreviousNext