Meet Taylor Eason
Atlanta native and Southern foodie Taylor Eason's wine column appears regularly in Memphis magazine and is syndicated through Featurewell Syndicates.
Taylor graduated from Switzerland's Ecôle Hotelière de Genève culinary management program after earning her undergraduate degree in English/French Literature from Colgate University, whose proximity to New York wineries lured her into a fascination with the grape. Her European wine country exploration introduced her to Italian, German and French vino/wein/vin.
After completing her studies in Europe, Taylor moved to Tampa, Fla., to manage at Bern's Steakhouse, famous for having the most extensive wine list in the world.
In 2001 she launched her weekly "Corkscrew" column, which has now been printed in six countries around the world.
In addition to teaching and consulting for restaurants and wineries, Taylor still regularly treks the world stoking her love of wine, writes for Memphis magazine and Featurewell Syndicates and sums up her rather strong opinions every day on her website, TaylorEason.com.
Taylor's articles on WineLoversPage.com: (Newest first)
- White wines from the Rhone Valley: Looking for love in all the right places
- How to stay thin when you drink wine for a living - four nutrition guidelines
- More flavor, less money: Buying wine on a budget
- Pinot Noir's pasty cousin, Oregon's Pinot Gris
- For the love of France and their Burgundy wines
- Pure Cru = Pure pleasure from Napa and Mitch Cosentino
- How relevant is Bordeaux for the average American wine consumer?
- Finding your perfect match online: Assessing wine clubs, retailers and winery websites
- Wines for Valentine's Day: For romance, love or massacres?
- Soave: Move over Pinot Grigio, here come some of Italy's best white wines
- How to be a good house guest in wine country
- Finger Lakes Rieslings: The new wine frontier?
- The best, least appreciated summer sippin' wine: Vinho Verde from Portugal
- Study, Sip & Spit: Plotting a safe course at a large wine tasting
- Brews Clues: Some tips on trading beer for wine ... for a day
- Wines Like Bull: The forceful wines of Spain's Toro region
- Send in the clones: Wine grapes and their offspring
- To Have and To Hold: Strategies for wine storage
- Valentine's wines
- Hey Sugar! Warming up to dessert wines
- In Buzz Veritas: An unscientific study of intoxicants
- Five Wine Resolutions for 2011
- The Skinny on Wine: Fitting wine and its calories into a healthy diet
- Completing your Wine Gifts
- Champagne Taste, Beer Budget: The Best Bubbly for the Buck
- Holiday gift guide
- Conversation Pieces: A compendium of useless yet mildly interesting wine facts
- Thanksgiving Wines: Beverages with Feast and Fowl
- Celebrate Independents
- Taming of the Screw: Screwcap Vs. Cork
- The hows and whys of decanting wine
- Bring your own wine to restaurants
- Vintner sues blogger over comments
- Fitting wine into a diet
- Rioja's out to win you over
- HR 5034: bill that will affect our wine choices heats up in Washington
- Three great boxed wines – yes, tasty 3-liter wines in a box exist
- Italy's vino reinvention: How wine has changed in the old country
- Back to Basics: Organic wine isn't just for tofu-geeks
- The art of reading restaurant wine lists